HISTORY: Isabella was adopted into the Smith family July 18, 2008. She had been born 2-months prematurely, and was 2 months old when we got her. One week later, she suddenly had a breathing crisis and was rushed to the hospital following a traumatic resuscitatation.

This was the begginning of a (now) seven month odyssey. Isabella suffers from Bronchial Displasia, related to premature lungs at birth. Whenever she gets a cold or flu bug, within hours it can become life-threatening.

Between medical incidents, Bella (or "Bellaboo" as Marc calls her) is strong, fat, healthy, robust, smart, active, alert. She is an EASY baby, happy, sleeps well, eats well. However, over 40% of her little life since birth has been spent in the Intensive Care Unit -- with either her Mommy or her Daddy at her side.

March 25, Wednesday: ISABELLA COMES HOME!

Yesterday doctors finally told Mommy and Daddy that I was well enough to come home! I am still on a lot of medication to open up my little airways, but I look and sound perfect.

Thank you Lord! And thanks to all of you for your concern and prayers. I will not regularly update my blog unless there is a change in my condition, so if this is the last entry you see it means I am still doing well.
Love, Isabella ("Bellaboo")
for Mommy, Daddy, and Marc